The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 57 made on Monday April 30, 2018 at 22:56
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
On April 30, 2018 at 13:02, Diskreet said...
I'm a fan of RTI.

We've been doing it for a while now, done Elan,URC ,digilinx, looked at savant and control 4.

I have taken over numerous jobs from crestron, amx control 4, the lot. I have also helped on rti jobs where it wasn't fulfilling the customers requirements and the dealers needed help in some area.

Each company has had issues with failure rates. Some more than others. In all circumstances we as a company have been looked after well by most our suppliers.

When I talk to my clients about a control system and they say they've had quotes from xyz and they were saying that control system x isn't as good as ours and bashing it.

My response in these circumstances is that a control system is only as good as the person programming it. I never bash another product, as much as I want to sometimes, but I explain that I have never been able to not do any in RTI and I am offering a service that I feel I excel in. If they feel the other system better suits their needs then by all means.

I like making my projects unique. I like that my interface doesn't look like the other 15 dealers working c4. I like that I can work with whatever product I feel fits the clients needs and offer them the best product available at the time. I like offering solutions.

I don't like working in a sandbox. I don't like not having control over how a system works, when theres a problem I want it to be mine, not because of a limitation of a control system.

I haven't hit that limitation with RTI yet, I have with other control systems.

You sound like me 3 years ago. Seriously, those were my exact words. Custom interfaces, the right product for the job, selling what's right for the client, etc etc etc. But there comes a point where you are limiting your clients because you want a custom interface that honestly your customers could care less about. I have been not saying this publicly here because RTI was good to me for a long time and I will still use them for commercial work but it's literally been 5 years of waiting for them to catch up. To allow me to sell my clients more stuff. The online training for launch of Apex was it for me. Way too little way too late.

I know they are trying to retain what made them great, custom interfaces and sexy remotes, but that's just not the industry right now.

Not to mention drastically increased product failures. Daily XP reboots to restart drivers, t2c remotes taking 15 second to connect to WiFi every time the client picks it up. 30 day process for repairs. No advanced rma and WE pay shipping on DOA product back to manufacture?

So, you're half right....Control system is as good as the person programming it AND the company behind it.

I recommend you stick to your guns. Hang in with RTI. See what happens. They have smart people and a good looking product. Hopefully they fix their issues.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse