The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Monday April 30, 2018 at 16:57
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 30, 2018 at 15:20, Diskreet said...
I don't do a unique design for every customer.

I have designed and changed, and adapted it over the years, just like our website to keep up with the times.

I can have a full 8 zone system up and running in an hour or two with keypads, remotes iPads and iPhone.

If I couldn't do that then I'd be on a different system.

I have had numerous clients say they don't like their control 4 et al designs.

It's all anecdotal in the end. You say this and that, I say that my clients like this and that.

I'm not foolish, if something doesn't work for us we move on, if it costs us money, or clients don't buy what we offer we change. We've been about since the early 80's because we adapt to the technology and cost changes around us.

Every system has its place, if programmed and set up correctly. If it works for you as a company great. The thing with these systems you have to test and try them out to see if they are a good fit for your company and personnel.

I've programmed URC remotes for over a decade.  Aside from some of my early cases, you can walk into any one of my jobs with a CCP remote and control it as they look the same and operate the same minus some differences in what sources they use.  Plain jane TV with a couple sources, or full on home theater with lighting and multiple sources, its the same.

Lord knows I have found fault with TC, but programming with remotes, keypads, iphone, ipad, android will take a half hour tops.  I won't be as harsh as Brendon because, well, he's a dick, what can I say :-D , but I agree that clients do not care for customized GUIs.  Sure you may get that 1 in a thousand that finds it cool, but otherwise, clean, easy to navigate as well as matching on all interfaces if multiples are in the house is what people want.

Hosting Services by ipHouse