The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 110 made on Saturday April 14, 2018 at 14:00
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On April 8, 2018 at 20:41, Hasbeen said...
The question I have is.....Why are all of these guys in such a rush to get to Mars?  It seems like in the last 4-5 years all of these guys with unlimited bank accounts want to go to Mars.  Why not just take a really sweet cruise?

There's no way all of these guys are "space" lovers and just want to piss away billions of dollars as a hobby.   I could have a trillion dollars, I'd never think...I want to go to Mars.

1) I don't think any of them have said THEY want to go to Mars.

2) Musk started space x in 2002 so a lot longer then 4-5 years

3) don't forget that we are probably a decade away from sending someone on a trip to Mars and a lot farther away from a real colony and people moving permanently to Mars.

so I don't think we need a conspiracy theory about what they might know (but not telling us) about the future

If Musk is to be believed his justification is that if we live on two planets the survival of the species is greatly increased. Which I can't disagree with

But I think it is most similar to Why did the King of Spain want to pay for Christopher Columbus' trip? why did Portugal, France, England.... want to send people to the new world?

he who gets there first and stakes out the best claims might end up getting the best return. It is hard to become king here on Earth but the companies that make it to Mars will have total control over the people that live there.

Hosting Services by ipHouse