The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Saturday April 7, 2018 at 18:43
Roper777
Long Time Member
April 2004
Since you're all so insistent on knowing the details, here goes.

Snap closed my account without notice and without contacting me. I consider that poor service. When I called they said it was because I didn't buy enough. True, I wasn't buying much and here's why:

I've built my business catering to the high end clients who want very good to superb performing products.

My client's typical home theater may include a Theta Casablanca IV, Dan D'Agostino amps and Wilson Audio speakers for the audio section. RTI for extensive whole home control.

For secondary room media distribution, I use Key Digital 4K. Prior to the Atlona partnership, Snap didn't have 4K. So as a result, not much media distribution purchase...

For cables and interconnects, I normally use Transparent at the high end and Tributaries at the low end. The Binary cables haven't offered the performance my customers want.

For HDMI cables, I've been using Nordost, so again Binary doesn't fit very well.

I use Stewart screens in a typical home theater. So no Dragonfly purchases...

I've been buying Lutron through local distribution, so no Lutron...

For power management, I use Transparent or Tributaries and occasionally some Middle Atlantic, so no Watt purchases...

Hopefully you see the pattern here...

I was buying Autonomic direct until Snap bought them. After that, Autonomic was about the only thing I was buying from Snap. Apparently that was not enough for them.

As I stated before, I had good experience early on with Snap and didn't want to make this a Snap bashing thread. If you guys like them and they have treated you well, you should continue. Snap is a great value proposition with dependable products. It seems they've gotten too particular about volume. So that's fine. That's why I asked you guys who you use for media servers.

As to the snarky comments and judgements about me, I don't think that serves us well. We should try to keep this more upbeat.

Last edited by Roper777 on April 7, 2018 19:11.

Hosting Services by ipHouse