Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Thursday March 8, 2018 at 18:11
Brett Bjorkquist
Long Time Member
March 2018
Hey guys,

Wanted to jump in on here. I know for many of us on here, we have our favorite control systems but I do think there is a market for DIY/DIFM type products, which is also helping to grow consumer demand for categories like lighting, audio distribution, thermostat control, etc. Many of these products are as reliable or more, especially when installed professionally. The RMA rate for Harmony on professionally installed remotes is less than .5%.

I was brought in at the beginning of last year to help build out the professional services channel at Logitech. In most scenarios, you can program a fairly robust system. Entertainment control obviously, but lighting, thermostat, wireless audio; we cover most of the main areas clients are looking for. I agree we sometimes have a perception of DIY from some installers, but our Pro remote is only offered through distribution, and we now offer a lot to support our dealers. We've added "monthly" webinars where myself and Pike (13 year Harmony programming guru) actually walk through live programming demos based on dealer requests. We also have a new eLearning site, demo programs, and the ability to update your client's programming offsite in our dealer portal.

I've got plenty of dealers that still carry other lines, but see the opportunity in using Harmony to help penetrate the $5k-$15k market, where clients are asking for brands like Harmony, Sonos, Nest, Lutron, Hue, and Ring by name on a daily basis.

Goldenzrule, others, feel free to reach out with any questions.

Enjoy the day,
Brett Bjorkquist
Logitech - CI/Pro Channel
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse