Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Tuesday November 28, 2017 at 14:49
lippavisual
December 2007
On November 28, 2017 at 12:42, 3PedalMINI said...
What exists that meets Mario’s requirements? Aside from analog (that’s fine) nothing checks off all of those boxes, INCLUDING C4s raunchass door station.

It is SO frustrating to have a product that hits 2-3 of those but not all of them. We are integrators for Christ’s sake and we can’t offer this and ONE APP to our customers. Right now to have two way talk with a C4 System from a smartphone is to use a 3rd party solution THEN go back to C4s app to unlock the door. Absolutly rediculous.

Agreed, that nothing checks all of the boxes. That's why I said the Doorbird does all but the analog phones. I can lock/unlock door from either the doorbird app or c4 touchscreen. That is programming done on the doorbird within composer.

The holovison/doorbird unit has allowed the use of a keypad for code punching for a while now.

Doorbird is soon to release their own version of a doorbell/keypad shortly.

Personally, I don't mind using the doorbird app for 2-way av integration, when I'm away. Like I said, if you need to unlock a door, that is possible and has been since release.

At home though, very rarely do I need to speak with someone at my door through my app or C4 system. The bell rings and I have 3 little cuties running to the door as fast as possible to get it.

The only box that doesn't get ticked is the analog phone integration, which can be done by programming/using the phone system relay outputs to another box and maybe another box that would tie into the system. As said before, it gets clunky and not really the way we would want things to be.

Now, if you put the sales hat on and changed the phone system from analog to VoIP/SIP based, then you could do all that you're asking.

Hosting Services by ipHouse