The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday May 15, 2017 at 02:39
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 14, 2017 at 15:04, Mission Systems said...
The flaw in your TV analogy is that 65" tv goes with me wherever I may move to with very little capital investment and at no cost in R&R when it comes time to sell this house. A lighting control system is going to add 0.0 dollars to the resale value of this home and unlike many estate home clients, that type feature is not expected in homes of this price range and area. Putting in a Vantage Infusion system to the tune of $7.5-$8K at COST doesn't make sense to me in this house as it will provide zero ROI.

Oh. Okay. You're deciding what equipment you're going to put in not because you want stuff that works or looks a certain way, but you don't like the way some equipment works. But wait -- you're not thinking of putting this in and using the equipment that's best for you. Instead, you're thinking of what it will get you when you sell. As for that, the system you didn't like will cost less than what you want and neither will increase the ROI, so buy the one you don't like.

And yes Ernie, myself and tens of thousands of others are enjoying large displays that they would have NEVER purchased years ago! I still have an 42" NEC plasma EDTV in my master bedroom that iirc was $3200 at dealer cost back when it was originally purchased. People in my neighborhood were not spending $5-$6K for 42" plasmas back in 2002.

Do people in your neighborhood decide what TV you buy? That's one of the strangest things I've ever heard! I find it commendable that you loved TV enough to get a great one, particularly since you're an installer. Whatever the neighbors had was irrelevant.

Berger, this issue isn't with the programming software directly, but that I cannot directly get support from Control4 as I am not an authorized dealer.

That's definitely a reason not to use Control4.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse