Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Saturday March 25, 2017 at 11:10
Richie Rich
July 2002
I used to get up in arms about end users requesting a copy of programming software, now I kinda don't care.

99% of the time of the time I provide clients with a copy of their finished program. Anybody who asks me for the software gets told that I don't have a copy of the EXE file on my computer and that is dealer only but if they look carefully on the interwebs they can find it.

I also explain all the trainings I have been to, the templates I have purchased etc and that they are more then welcome to give it a shot. They also get reminded that I have a copy of their finished program as well so if they call me with a problem related to programming and the code that they have differs from what I put on there, they are paying full price for my time from then on out for any issues that are programming related.

Basically "Go for it. But if you screw it up, you are paying me to fix it".

Honestly, most of the people who would even try are not typically people who would be my clients. I think I have had 3-4 in the course of 17 years in the business. Years ago I did a "plasma and 5" system for a woman who had already pre-programmed her MX850 before I brought the gear down to install it. She had a connection diagram ready to go for me and other then needing to fine tune a few power/input delays in macros, she had pretty much nailed it.

She was a code monkey for a living.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse