The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Monday September 19, 2016 at 22:54
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On September 19, 2016 at 19:17, SWFLMike said...
Not there. They announced it quite a while back, too, so I think it took a lot of people by surprise if they missed the story when it first came out.

The thing that I guess I'd say I'm most wary of is that CEDIA is apparently turning into DIYEDIA. And just like HDMI was forced onto us, there ain't a damn thing we can really do about it. Adapt or die, as always.

It's pretty telling when Amazon shows up, but Crestron does not. I'm a longtime Crestron fan boy, but I won't even try to deny the writing that's on the wall.

A lot of it might of been just because of Dallas, but I agree, when you start taking in anyone with a pulse just to make it seem like your floor is full means something else is going on...

Not to turn this into a crestron debate but they really aren't relevant anymore in the resi market, but I do think crestron was tired of seeing "pulse booths" and they can see that cedia is falling apart at the seams!
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse