The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Tuesday June 28, 2016 at 23:23
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On June 28, 2016 at 22:47, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
I'm not going to agree at all.

I worked out of a van and it always ends up being a huge chore keeping it organized, walking around hunched over, hitting my head all the damn time, etc, etc.

My pick up was set up so everything was easily accessible. Three 8' long drawers were simple to pull out and each had it's own purpose.

Then on top of that was a full 4x8 shelf that also pulled out. Ladder and then various wires were kept on this.

With the tilting tonneau, I could actual reach most of the item on the top shelf as well.

With the back seat removed, there was pull out storage accessible from both sides, as well as a shelf (never seemed to need that shelf though.

Everything was dry and easily accessible.

Those of y'all claiming a van is better, have just never set a truck up properly.

Of course I also had a warehouse, and could easily stop by to pick up the items I might need on a job for the day.

F that. There is no way, with any amount of drawers, you fit what you can fit in a properly organized van. And stoppin by a warehouse to pick up something ain't gonna happen here. Almost every job is a minimum 1 hour away. It gets packed the night before if it's not something that is typically stocked on the van. I have every bit of supplies and tools that you can fit in all those drawer and then some on my shelves. I have a 6 for ladder and a 4 foot ladder inside the van, neither touching the floor. The floor is completely open for gear. I have a 28' ladder on top of the van. Hell, all I did was remove my toolbag, and used my van to move almost all of our belongings in our move over the past week, keeping all of my supplies and other tools in the van. Sorry, but a pickup will never be anythinf but a secondary vehicle.

Hosting Services by ipHouse