Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Saturday April 9, 2016 at 14:49
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On April 7, 2016 at 07:29, BobL said...
Yes, I do understand and I have used all of these projectors. I am saying the contrast and overall picture quality is better with the other two. Unless I am at the point where the pixel structure is noticeable I would rather have better contrast, black level, colors than higher resolution which is difficult to see the difference except on very large screens and close seating distances.

the issue with your comment is that if the person is sitting far enough where it is difficult to see the difference , for example, between a white 4k pixel and a black 4k pixel then why bother with 4k in the first place.

what I mean is imagine a scene where there is one 4k white pixel surrounded by black pixels (like a small 1 pixel sized star in the night sky) with a 4k projector you will get a white speck on black with a fake 4k projector and 1080p projector you will just get black (the same thing).

Let's make it more complex with a black and white 4k checkerboard, if you sit far enough and all the pixels bleed into each other you will just see 50% grey. if you have a 1080p projector it should have a 50% grey image if it is correctly downscaled or scanned, with fake 4k you should get 50% grey.

Hosting Services by ipHouse