The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Wednesday January 6, 2016 at 10:15
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On January 6, 2016 at 09:45, Sean@iTank said...
What? "Code Manufacturer"? I think you are confused.

I would assume hes talking more about the actual control Profiles/Drivers that manufacturers provide for us to use in our "program".

Your comparison of the "code" for a Control4 or Savant system and that of custom programmed Crestron is misguided. They are not even close to the same thing.

I gotta call bullshit on this.

There are definitely some actual "coding" that needs to take place with Crestron systems. But unless their programming suite has gone downhill drastically over the past 15 years, its still a LOT of "Configuring".

I had to write a few simple+ modules back in the day. (Probably can still find some of them on the old Crestron yahoo group), but for the most part, I pulled in pre-made "modules", Connected dots, and filled in boxes.

the User interfaces were much more time consuming, but once we created a template, we used it over and over again.

AMX did indeed require me to write code on a regular basis. they never got any of their wizards or shortcut suites working correctly. But still. I reused blocks of code on a regular basis.

Hosting Services by ipHouse