The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Tuesday January 5, 2016 at 09:39
simoneales
Select Member
May 2005
On January 5, 2016 at 08:17, Audible Solutions said...
What is missing in most of these examples is intelligence. In our Aussie example, the programmer lost the code. Why did the dealer not have a copy is left unanswered. Why did the programmer not have a back up? Not answered? Why did the programmer not rewrite that code for free as HE lost it.

I actually thought I was pretty clear. Although it could have been a vindictive act, the programmer claimed to have been robbed, losing his main laptop and his backup server. Once he was replaced he didn't give a shit about any of the jobs he had done for us and no way was he redoing the program for free after it was "stolen". The fact that he refused to hand over the code was one of the reasons we decided to bring programming in-house. Not only would he not hand over the code but like most programmers he was not as good as he thought he was and charged for every minute of time he spent working on a job fixing his own issues because his code was far from clean.

Tweeterguy's description was spot on in relation to this guy and frankly most of the programmers we had ever used. The in-house guy turned out to be great but boy is he the exception rather than the rule.
I guarantee I'll tell you the truth and I guarantee I'll tell you what you need to know but I can't guarantee that I'll be telling you anything you want to hear.

Hosting Services by ipHouse