Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday January 4, 2016 at 10:01
buzz
May 2003
On January 4, 2016 at 08:25, Mario said...
If you go with new dealer, he should not 'steel' previous dealer's IP (Intellectual Property) methods, graphics, etc.

When a home owner needs to change dealer for some reason, I don't think that the home owner should be required to pay another dealer to start from scratch in order to replace a DVD player.

The acquiring dealer has a responsibility to respect any intellectual property licensed to the home owner. Although my configurations are unique, I don't attach any "rights" to a configuration of an RTI, URC, C$, etc. because it is mostly click, click, drag and drop. In my view it is similar to claiming intellectual property rights to directions to the grocery store. To be sure, one set of directions might avoid traffic lights and congestion better than another, but I don't attach any "rights" to this. On the other hand if the control system programmer wrote or purchased a custom driver for his customers, I think that these should be considered protected intellectual property. In my opinion reusing a custom driver for the same home owner is not violating any intellectual property rights.

Hosting Services by ipHouse