The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Friday August 14, 2015 at 22:05
jesterselv
Long Time Member
August 2009
As a rock genre based person (metal, alternative, grunge primarily) I do love some 90's gangsta rap. I like Biggie and 2Pac, but prefer 2Pac over all for many reasons. I've tried to get into rap post 90's and there's been a few exceptions, but it just doesn't work for me. Arguably, Hip-hop has lost touch with the emotions that made it great. Mainstream music is like Mainstream Media, I just can't drink the kool-aid anymore.

Slightly off topic here but I was listening to the Opie Radio interview with Bert Kreischer (Director of "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck"), and in it he said that, and I'm paraphrasing, that "He just heard the new Kid Cudi album and it's the first album in twenty years that reminded him of the power and authority of "In Utero", and that he's bringing the rock back and plays all the instruments on the whole album himself. So, I'm hoping something great happens here.

Starts at 49:56

Now, I've never given Kid Cudi the time of day, but that in-direct quote from Bert Kreischer has me waiting impatiently.
"Those who sacrifice liberty For security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse