Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 88 made on Monday September 1, 2014 at 19:59
Dave in Balto
January 2008
Have any of you folks ever shot an Uzi? I have, it's a 9mm that can shoot an entire magazine in no time, when you let go of the trigger it will still shoot. It's hard to control, not what I would call easy to be accurate with. It was used by the Israeli army for years and has one function, to spray bullets.

They can be purchased as can any full auto weapon, I looked at one, it was $8,500, and subject to federal regulation with a year of waiting to purchase. Needless to say I didn't buy it, have no reason to own it other than to say I have one.

This little girl was shooting one owned by the range. This wasn't her first time shooting, she was a competitive shooter, there is video of her in a combat range. BUT there is NO reason that she should have been trying to control this weapon. She was an advanced shooter, but 10 years away from being able to shoot full auto.

This was a tragedy, a horrible lapse in judgement on all adults involved, and should never have happened, pure negligence.

As far as people owning these guns, to be honest, these are the most regulated firearms you can buy, and any person that owns one is likely to follow the letter of the law, because once you register a tax stamp weapon, you open yourself up to government coming in when ever they want to check and make sure you are following the rules.
Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

The Dude

Hosting Services by ipHouse