Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Monday September 1, 2014 at 11:30
radiorhea
May 2002
On August 27, 2014 at 19:38, FP Crazy said...
I agree that maybe a 9 yo should not be given an Uzi, but your original post implied "guns", which I interpreted as guns in general, hence my reply.

I am not arguing that Uzis should be given to 9 year olds...except Texans, which can be given to as young as 4. (it's in their DNA to handle guns at a younger age)

Wow FP, something tells me that you don't like Texans......... 8>)

I have been a responsible gun owner most of my life. The first thing that I taught my boys is, that you clear a gun when you first touch it, even if the person that handed it to you cleared it. The next thing is that even if it is clear, ALWAYS treat it as if it was loaded. Both of my boys went through the Hunters Safety Course. Even with training, accidents can happen. Allowing someone at a young age to handle a firearm of that power and capacity, was in my view, unprofessional. I agree with Stan, a BB gun or a .22 is where you start. In a protected environment, with the proper instruction, you will reduce the risk of accidental injury. Will you completely stop it? Probably not. I have been around several accidental discharges that were gun malfunctions. It was scary to say the least. We usually load and charge one gun at a time with everyone aware of what is going on.

The conversation of firearms will always be hotly contested. It is a subject of fierce debate. Those of us for them cannot see the view of those against, same as politics.

Taking ALL guns away will only lead to more bloodshed, as many will defend that right to the death.

I like to hunt, so I will always have firearms. Yes, I have guns that are for protection. I could not see myself defenseless against some A hole trying to break in my house or touch one of my girls.

Being from Texas, I may just have that right longer than some.........
Drinking upstream from the herd since 1960

Hosting Services by ipHouse