The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Sunday July 20, 2014 at 16:49
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On July 19, 2014 at 13:37, Mr. Stanley said...
+1

Reviewing automobiles is quite abit different from reviewing electronics and speakers. Reviewing these things aside from mesurements, are largely subjective--- these reviewers are not audiophiles. But reviewing cars is a totally different animal (imo).

yes and no. I agree that how many MPG or how long a car takes to go from 0 to 60 is mostly objective as well as many of the other metrics. But in the end for them to get a score of X and pick a top there is some subjectivity that enters the equation and it might not match a particular persons need (for example if someone is an NBA player or a sumo wrestler fitting in the car can be very high on the list, while for CR if the 5'5" 150lb tester found it comfortable with lots of legroom it does not mean much. Also I agree that the room, source and the drive element will all play a large role in what one hears from speakers.

I don't care what they review for me it makes sense to take a brief look (there might be good info) but you don't make a buying decision on it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse