The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Sunday January 5, 2014 at 23:30
chuch jr
August 2005
Thanks guys for your input. Here's some more details:

Since it's a subcontract job, we have only been given all the details about 1 week before job. This means we were not involved in picking which products are recommended for the customer. Which is similar to when any retail customer calls & hires us to install what ever they just bought at the big box store. In either case, we take proper planning very seriously. Meaning that everything needs to work toghether when job is done. For example poor planning is> showing up on a TV hang and customer bought mount that don't fit &/or HDMI cable they bought is too short. In this case, the dealer was selling SNAP 120 watt 70v amp with 16 Current Audio 70v outdoor speakers that have min tap wattage = 15w. This is a 240 watt load on a 120 watt amp. All being feed by 2 sources = an iPod & Pandora via a Bluetooth rec'r that has line level analogue output.

When I caught the miss match between speaker load and amp size, I started to ponder changing system over to 8 ohms with this 12 channel amp. Dealer we working for, holding off on ordering til he hears back from me. My thoughts are to use the global inputs for each source and connect 2- 8ohm speakers to each of the 1st 8 channels. This will deliver more watts to each speaker and leave the last 4 amp channels open for expansion since customer has now requested change order to add 4 ceiling speakers to an office area.

Since an iPod & the Sony Bluetooth unit do not have decent adjustable line level outs, I believe I will need a preamp. Unless someone can tell me that each channel has a small preamp that is controlled by the little level adjustments on back.

How's this all sound? Anyone want to reccomend a preamp to connect to a Global input?

Hosting Services by ipHouse