Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday November 18, 1999 at 21:14
Don
Historic Forum Post
As mentioned in an earlier post, I ordered the Pronto and charging stand in two separate orders from J&R though BFL this pass Sunday. I choose the cheaper shipping by UPS ground, but J&R upgraded my shipping to Fed-X at no extra charge. I received them today and I have had just a short time now to play around with the remote. I lined the TV remote up with the Pronto to learn it some of the basic commands. I also did my AV receiver for the power on and the volume controls. I am so far extremely impressed with this unit. It has a wide IR range and has the ability to operate everything without even having to pick it up off of the coffee table. I was never able to do this with both my TV and AV turner remotes; they both have a very narrow IR range. My wife never would learn all the remotes and never felt comfortable turning on anything more then the TV. With this new remote I thing she will have no problem using it for all of our equipment. This is a fantastic remote, which is going to give me endless hours of fun just playing with it and creating the new CCF files for it within the ProntoEdit software. I have a Denon AVR-3300 on back order and I am looking forward to adding it to the remote, until then I have plenty of devices to program into it, they should keep me busy for a while.

BTW, I also only received email conformation on the free shipping from BFL and not anything confirming my rebate or 10% first time buyers discount. I called them to verify that they received all information and asked if I should have also received email on the other two offers. I was told that they don’t email you regarding the $25 rebates, but I would be receiving it. However the person on the phone said that he thought that I should have received email confirming the 10% first time buyers discount and that he would call me back. After receiving no call back I called them again the next day and explained the situation again. I was told again that he would call me back within about 45 minutes and that he would also email me, I never received either. I called again the next day and finally got results with an email saying that my rebate request was forwarded to the proper department. They were always very courteous on the phone, but I got the feeling that they forgot about me shortly after, leaving me wondering if I was going to get a call back or not. I just hope I end up getting everything that was promised.
All in all I LOVE this remote.

Best Regards,
Don

The Stars Come Out
Vintage Movie Posters: 1940's - 1990's
We Buy and Sell Movie Posters
Email: [email protected]
http://www.starscomeout.com
--------------------------------------------------Please help to protect our environment by recycling. The environment is our future!

Hosting Services by ipHouse