The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Sunday September 1, 2013 at 07:25
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
An updated version of my configuration file is now available for download via the first post of this thread for those who would like to check it out. Spent an hour or two this morning implementing a couple cool updates. Each are detailed below.

The first update made was something I've been putting off for quite a while now. Finally took the time to update my Activities page, so that is does a better job dealing with zones. Expanded my use of the "Menu (Tools)" settings option located on the System Status page which is now simply called, "Default Zone". This settings option applies to the Activities page only and can be updated on the fly by performing an extended button press of the Power hard button, the default zone selected now being displayed right on the Activities page up in the top left corner. When set to "Zone 1" or "Zone 3" respectively the volume/mute hard buttons are programmed to control the receiver for the particular zone, the volume widget also reflecting the power/volume/mute status of the particular receiver as well. Likewise, any activity selected from the Activities page will result in the activity macro running based on the default zone selected. This includes the Picture/Sound and System On/Off activities. Performing an extended button press instead with the exception of powering on the system will display a submenu page allowing you to override the "Default Zone" settings option selecting from any of the zones the particular activity supports. Presently the System Off, Picture, Sound, HD DVR, Playstation 3, SqueezePad and XM Radio activities offer multiple zones to choose from, the HTPC activity only supporting Zone 1, but giving you the options of listening to the HTPC's audio only or accessing My Movies for WMC7 via my plasma display. Haven't bothered to implement Zone 2 as of yet as only the HD DVR activity is available from Zone 2, the audio and video for the activity being provided for by a small Samsung LCD display only. No receiver in Zone 2.

The other update I made this morning was to my BD/DVD Changers activity used to select a given changer activity directly rather than doing so by way of the DVD Juke activity. Prior, the only way to see ahead of time which changer activity was last in use was to go to the System Status page. Short of that your only option was to blindly select the "Last BD/DVD Changer in use" activity which would result in the particular activity macro being run or an error message being displayed instead. So with this latest update you no longer have to go to the System Status page if you want to see ahead of time which changer activity was last in use. Now when highlighting an activity the activity label up in the top left corner of the page calls out the activity highlighted, in the case of the "Last BD/DVD Changer in use" activity telling you which changer activity was last in use if any.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse