The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday December 12, 2012 at 20:46
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On December 11, 2012 at 22:02, Fins said...
I understand, but I see two problems. First problem is, other than the occasional OCD movie fanatic, who plans ahead and buys a movie from online before they want to watch it?

I don't think OCD has anything to do with it, I have always said there are two types of people renters and buyers. If you buy something it is "permanent" and not for a one time short term use, so there tends to be more thought in "do I want it" but a lot less of "right now".

Now don't get me wrong, a buyer might be excited and might not be able to wait to see a film and so that wait might bug him, but my point was just simply that if you invite people for a film, you would most likely not be "let's all stop by the store and you guys pick a film I will buy for 20$" but most likely "these are the films I own, what do you want to see"

Second problem, adding to this, iTunes and Vudu have already set the precedent of being able to buy a movie and watch it almost immediately. I question how many of our highly impatient wealthy clients will welcome these download times.

I agree with that, they do have tough competition. On the other hand I think they went the way they did just because of that. think about it, why would someone buy an expensive k system when they could buy a player from a different manufacturer at a small fraction of the cost?

I get that kscape is trying to set themselves apart on quality. But I question the strategy.

I think it was more of a reaction to the lost court case several months back. At this point they were dead in the water. This was the only possible Hail Mary play.

Hosting Services by ipHouse