Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Wednesday December 12, 2012 at 16:01
Audible Solutions
March 2004
When K rips a movie it discards the trailers and other assorted advertisements. It begins play from the movie. I would venture a guess based on this that their streaming service would do the same. Legality is what is killing this industry. When you look at NAPSTER it was clear to the music industry attorneys that they ought to have made a deal. But the industry was not ready to deal. It was and remains the best interface for sharing and playing music.

The issue is simply that the industry does not know how to deal with file sharing or streaming so thay react defensively and get behind the curve. Ultra-Violet is a more or less good solution though I agree it is probably too late save for the confirmed videophile ( who odds are cannot afford it ) and the uber-tech who must have the latest and greatest toy ( and there are not many of these left ) to save the product.

You would never be a K* sale. You're an engineer and a DIY. I could never afford a K*. But when you are serving the carriage trade a reliable solution is the sine qua non. Cool only goes so far if the system fails.

What you are also not taking into account ( because you don't need to ) is that K is the single most reliable network product I've ever sold. It is miles ahead of every other in the category, from CD servers through video streamers. It more or less works all of the time. Even hard drive failures are easily repaired for a "reasonable" sum.

There are many DIY options where burning is concerned. But there are far fewer available for the non-DIY which are reliable. I do not have the time to be full time IT for every client. I do not want to deal with DRM. I do not want to deal with failed drives. I do not want to deal with failed front ends that need to be rebooting. K was easy to install. It was easy to control ( indeed it had one of the best UIs I've ever run across ) and it was reliable.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse