Pass:

Original thread:
Post 107 made on Friday August 31, 2012 at 21:58
KYoung
Lurking Member
August 2012
kupakai,

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

RemoteCentral.com and your post on March 13th, 2007 solved my problem when Comcast had no clue. All Comcast tech support should read your post!

I recently signed up for cable through Comcast. I was provided a Motorola DCT700 cable box and a Comcast remote (light silver with red OK button). I set up the system according to instructions but the remote would not even power on the box. I contacted Comcast support via phone and they said the box was bad and I needed to get a new one.

I contacted my Comcast rep who tried three other boxes and a different remote. He spent an hour with Comcast tech support over the phone and they could not get the box working. Comcast tech support thought there may be a problem with the signal strength on my cable. I was told a Comcast tech would have to come out and troubleshoot the line. They wouldn't be able to send someone out until Monday (Sep 3, 2012).

So, I started doing my own troubleshooting.

Since the box wouldn't even power on with the remote, I suspected a remote issue. I did an internet search and found your post. I did a blink back (search the forum for how to) to find out what the current code on the CBL remote was and found it was 01877. I reprogrammed the CBL button to 01376 AND THE BOX AND REMOTE NOW WORK.

With your information, I had solved the problem in 5 minutes when two different Comcast support techs and a Comcast local rep spent over two hours and couldn't figure it out.

I'm guessing Comcast doesn't send out too many DCT700 boxes, but still, they should verify the remote code is correct and the remote works with the box before sending it to a customer! They are supposed to be the experts. It appears there is a serious hole in their tech support.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Kevin

Hosting Services by ipHouse