The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Sunday August 26, 2012 at 09:49
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 25, 2012 at 17:57, Kirk Frey said...
I just replaced my Denon 3310 with a 3313 and hooked everything up as before. I have a Russound CAV6.6 system that does the IR distribution. I tried hooking the 3313 up with the mono cable from the acc IR out port on the CAV6.6 into the IR Input on the 3313 just like it was on the 3310. That didn’t seem to work so I just put an IR emitter on it and called it a day. While it took FOREVER to get the emitter to “work” but I figured that I wasn’t putting it in the right place. Its been working for weeks without issue.

So today, after literally NO changes the Denon stopped accepting IR at all from any emitter. I’ve tried everything, I KNOW that the emitter works
-I’ve tried new emitters (4 or 5 of them), nothing
-I’ve moved a couple of my existing working emitters off other components that worked, nothing (these worked fine before I moved them and after I moved them back)
-I bought a new mono cable to give the rear input another shot, nothing
-I also bought a stereo cable, nothing
-I used other IR ports on the CAV (known working for other components), nothing
-I tested the ACC port with other emitters and devices and they work out of that port fine
-The system remote and the Harmony both work if pointed at the unit directly (no IR distribution in place)

This WAS WORKING and NOTHING changed, the gear is in the basement and no one was even down there between when it last worked and when it “broke”.

Of course I am leaving for a business trip in the morning and now my wife is going to have to deal with the using the super buggy Denon app to turn the unit on/off, volume, input select….

HELP!?!

Since it works with the Denon remote, is it possible that a control setting was changed and the wrwong IR port is now assigned to the receiver? What about a code for the wrong zone being used for Zone 1? Is there a lot of tension on the IR cable behind the receiver or at the output of the controller? Has the IR lead worked its way out of the jack? Could it be a bad cable?

You're using a Harmony? Switch the Denon IR cable to a different port. Otherwise, go into the setup and verify that the commands being used for the receiver are correct. Are you using a two conductor 3.5mm cable, or two conductor. If it's a three conductor, you can move the plug a tiny bit and the grounding tang will land between the ring and sleeve, causing it to not work. If you have a cable with two conductor plugs, try that.

"Super buggy Denon app"? With what? That app, or the one from the German/Dutch guy work great! If she has an iPhone or iPad, download one of the others and try it. You DO have the Denon connected to the network, right?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse