The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Friday September 23, 2011 at 12:51
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 22, 2011 at 16:33, Duct Tape said...
One cannot ignore its Total Control system capability, because the TRC780 is completly useless without an MRX10 to tell it what to do.  I thought I made that clear in my last post.

Actually, I still haven't got it straight.

I read here that the purpose of this remote is to be a zone remote. Note that whenever I say "zone" from here out, I do not mean the main zone, but, for instance, a small system in a bedroom.

As such, I expect (that is the same as "assume" and thus completely subject to error) that it will be able to emit IR signals in the zone, while also using RF to communicate with the MRX10 for commands that involve the system.

You say it's "completely useless without an MRX10 to tell it what to do." That says to me that it does not emit IR but instead, somehow, when in a zone, must send a signal to the MRX10, which sends a signal back to it to tell it "that's a command for the amp in front of you, so emit some IR." Otherwise, it's a zone remote but the MRX10 must be wired to the zone so that IR signals can come from the MRX10 to that room.

Or something else. How does this work?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse