Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday December 21, 2010 at 08:32
william david design
March 2005
On December 21, 2010 at 05:46, westom said...
Meanwhile, informed consumers learn from engineers who have been doing this stuff for decades. View manufacturer specs for that $100 protector or the Furman devices selling for more. Their specs are similar to the $4.99 protector.

Take a $3 power strip. Add some ten cent protector parts. It sells for $7 in the grocery store. Or $150 from Monster Cable.

Monster has a long history of identifying scams. Then selling equivalent products for even higher prices. Did you know speaker wire has polarity? Monster even sold speaker wire marked for the speaker and amp ends. Claimed that sound was perverted if that wire was reversed. And then sold that $7 speaker wire for $70.

Monster is simply doing same with surge protectors. A responsible poster who listed those manufacturers also listed manufacturer spec numbers that claim that protection. No specs provided for one simple reason. Those manufacturers do not claim protection from typically destructive surges.

Informed homeowners install the superior protection that costs about $1 per protected appliance. Based in science well proven even 100 years ago. A solution used everywhere that damage cannot happen. And makes even direct lightning strikes irrelevant. Also obvious once one selects a protector using engineering concepts. Which means spec numbers. And which means ignoring recommendation that do not also provide the reasons why - and spec numbers.

How does that magic box rated at hundreds of joules absorb surges that are hundred of thousands of joules? Damning numbers.

And the name of the "superior Protection" that "informed" homeowners install?

I understand Noel Lee sells "sizzle". I have sold his products a very long time. I cannot attest to the veracity of his surge protection other than I have personally seen a TV that had noise coming over the A/C line get a clearer picture once I installed the above-mentioned Monster piece.

The other thing is that I understand that a direct hit by lightning = game over for electronics but anything has to be better than the $4.99 surge protector.
Defectus tuus consilium carpere discrimen mihi non constituit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse