The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 190 made on Monday October 25, 2010 at 03:15
buzz
May 2003
Anthony,

The thread is straying off topic and I'll accept some responsibility for this.

The current A/V market situation is that dealers get products both direct from the manufacturer and through distributors. This usually depends on the size and orientation of the manufacturer and the dealer. Large dealers typically have direct relationships with the manufacturer, but if the dealer needs one or two items for a special project, it is often not worth the time and effort required to develop a direct factory relationship. A dealer can get product from distributors the same or next day; it is often not possible to get a callback from a manufacturer in that time frame.

Obviously, the manufacturers may not know exactly how a given unit changed hands and leaked into the market, but they certainly know where they shipped a particular serial number. Manufacturers who are serious about cleaning up distribution and protecting their brand will purchase a unit from a suspect source. Also, if warranty service is requested, a bill of sale is required. Some manufacturers will refuse to service units with a checkered history.

I am not large enough to deal directly with Philips, but sales leads can filter down to me through my distributor. While I don't want to throw myself in the same bin as Lyndel, Barry Gordan and similar folk, the Pronto trainers will recognize me at training sessions and trade shows.

I assume that the new (yet to be seen) registration process will make me more visible to Philips.

Hosting Services by ipHouse