The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Friday September 3, 2010 at 01:48
twilo123
Long Time Member
November 2007
While I totally understand your point to me the whole point to a dvr is for secure video. If any can integrate it easily then it can be hacked easily also. I am not trying to stick up for Speco; it is a PITA for us to integrate also if we choose to do it but from a security point of view I laugh at the stuff coming out these days especially the server based iphone apps that people think are connecting to their dvr which in reality is pumping their private video to servers back east and spitting back the jpg to the 'free' app. again this defeats the purpose of having security in a dvr.

That being said i totally agree with you if i think solely about integrating into our mobile phone cctv apps. We are going to do it but it will be an exception to the rest.

On September 1, 2010 at 10:44, BlackWire Designs said...
ya their "secure authorization" should be optional it makes it impossible to integrate their video feeds into control4. I am unsure if anyone with crestron or amx has integrated the feeds directly from the box. I am currently working on a Control4 app for their dvrs so people dont have to buy a 3rd party video encoder just to see their speco dvr on their touch screens..
Total Control
Video Surveillance For Mobile Phones
Iphone/Itouch IR Universal Remote & Zwave Remote www.totalcontrolapp.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse