The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Saturday July 31, 2010 at 18:43
Devil Dog
Long Time Member
March 2007
I believe many of us folks who have being programming Crestron for years know how out of the box programming gets. System Builder is an a box inside a box programming tool IMO. It is great with an Adagio system with 5 APADs, IPOD doc and Crestron music server. Beyond that the wizard part is done and the work begins. I've worked in SB before and cutting in 'normal' code is 5 times longer and subject to SB crashes along the way. I would just guess 90% of Crestron Techs dont go very far into SB just because it isn't what Crestron is all about. Why jump into a box when the very reason the company has grown is out of the box thinking.

I will tell the SB guys out there Crestron DOES update SB often and when you rebuild code it also breaks code/timing etc that was done and installed say 6 months ago. So every time SB builds the Simpl project it uses the lastest Crestron modules directed by SB.

Now on the flip side there is no way I can program and Adagio FM, XM, Ipod, APADS with a 6 zone expander in 15 minutes like SB would be able to do..

And just for the record IMO, the Crestron Yahoo group is pretty much regular coders. Some get into SB for reasons listed above but most are Simpl coders, so please don't get offended if your question isn't answered with a day. Most of us see it, but we might not have the time or experience to answer the SB question.

Hosting Services by ipHouse