The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday May 8, 2010 at 01:22
twil01
Long Time Member
January 2009
I have exactly the same problem. While my device manager lists a lot of HID devices, I do not seem to have the MS eHome driver installed.

After plugging the device into my computer, I can definitely see that the device driver for the 9600 loaded. I can see a Pronto device in the Devices and Printers. I even see the 9600 as a disk drive in the device manager (albeit without media), but I cannot see the device as a separate drive when I look at my files and folders in Windows Explorer.

Through trial and error, I finally figured out the conflicting HID devices...features of my Logitech keyboard.

I basically have 2 choices: either I disable around 8 HID devices and reset the pronto, or I install the MS Virtual XP, install PEP inside and make USB devices available to XP. This is a bit of a pain as it generally requires me to restart my system before downloading to the device.

I would love to find a way to do this natively in my Windows installation without having to either disable features on my Logitech keyboard or running it in XP.

Last edited by twil01 on May 8, 2010 05:30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse