The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday April 27, 2010 at 19:44
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
Oh, there's a lot of things price-wise to complain about up here. I'm not sure I'd treat the Zellars deal as really better than the US, since it's easier to pay a lower initial price than have to figure out what to do with a gift card after the fact. Companies love gift cards, first because it means you have to buy other items at possibly higher markups, but also because a good percentage of folks never end up using them.

I was really expecting Future Shop / Walmart / CostCo to step up with good prices on Avatar (there have been big-name movies that end up being cheaper than the US in the past - I think The Dark Knight ended up being a couple dollars cheaper at FS than Amazon.com), and they didn't really compete at all. I got all excited when I was initially comparing prices and saw Amazon at $20, but then I realized that the PC had auto-filled in .com instead of .ca. And was subsequently shocked at the .ca price, and disappointed at everyone else.

Sure, I don't mind deals. In fact with the way things are going these days, I need deals!

Hosting Services by ipHouse