Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 16, 2010 at 22:28
TSUMTJ
Lurking Member
February 2010
OK bear with me...

We are a long time RTI dealer and let me first say that I love the ergonomics of their remotes, the simplicity of the software and the provided user interfaces. Over the past 5 or so years we have sold very few systems without some form or fashion of RTI controller.
We have experienced the same T2-C problems as many others have posted on this site as well as our fair share of T4 and T3 problems. At any given time we have 6-8 RTI remotes either in for service or on the way to service (with the majority of them being the T2-C).
We became so disenchanted with the lines reliability issues that we started to look elsewhere but we haven't really found a product that we liked.
When I heard about the Prodigy line from Crestron I was intrigued as we were already a full Crestron dealer. Sadly, we have been disappointed with the Prodigy Remote as well and I don't think I will be looking to it as the potential "RTI replacement" we had hoped. The remote seems cheap, doesn't have a rechargeable battery, has small buttons, and just plain isn't as easy to use as it should be.
I realize the attractiveness the Prodigy processor offers and I know this isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison of products, but after some quick Q and A with some of my trusted customers and family members they have mentioned that they like the looks and feel of the RTI T1-B MUCH better than the standard Prodigy remote.
Sooooo, after my semi-rant my question is this:
How is the reliability on the newer stuff from RTI? Particularly the T3-V and the T1-B and T2-B? We never really spec'd these as we started looking elsewhere right when they were about to be released...
If I start spec'ing RTI again am I going to be sorry?

Hosting Services by ipHouse