The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday March 10, 2010 at 00:17
RemoteQuest
Long Time Member
October 2008
On March 7, 2010 at 22:23, vbova27 said...
Dave is correct, the equipment has little (at least in my experience) failure rate. I think there are some things I would like to see them improve on however.

- range is sometimes an issue in some of the larger homes I worked in
- need ability to learn in codes with a learner (not a remote). Are remote is not designed for learning an IR code in my opinion effectively.
- Extender - NOT a good way to do thinngs. If Nevo wants to be elite, it needs to support a control processor where the commands could be stored at teh equipment level vs. the remote. As macros become mroe and more extensive the reliability factor decreases iwth an extender.
- IR database is not as accurate as I like it to be. This is not a neccesity but a good time saver.
- Need ability to create my own databases with my own models
- Training modules and training is a little all-over-the-place.

Would be nice if they added a couple of products as well. To me, once a customer asks for a keypad within the system Nevo is OUT.

Again, show me a company without a list of wants and needs and it's probably not a control company. Nevo does a great job in listening and offers very personal service.

Vincent, yes do agree with a few of your points. A few comments and or good workarounds which we have done:

If you are not quite getting the range you would like out of zwave RF, add a simple on/off zwave light switch or Zwave dimmer near the end of the range and it is like adding a booster to the range issue and much, much cheaper than another RTI RF antenna.

While I am guessing a bit here but while synching up Nevo with the NevoConnect there is a message where it says (copying IR commands). I don't know for sure if that is what it means and if it will equal a "command-on-controller" approach like RTI and URC and others but it just might be doing that without any of the complexity of RTI and URC with storing macros and such on the controller and not on the remote.

You do have a personal library within NevoStudio where you can save your own codesets, however they acquired.

Yes, I have also noticed some inaccuracies in the Nevo database but it is as good if not better than most others out there. I think it greatly surpasses RTI. URC is quite good with their IR code database.

Yes, larger system goodies are missing but I guess if someone wants all of theose goodies than it is RTI or someone even larger. But you are also talking about a $3k minimum system maybe even more.

Dave
RemoteQuest.com
Fine home theater remote system, design & programming

Hosting Services by ipHouse