The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Tuesday March 9, 2010 at 04:57
Harryup
Long Time Member
July 2008
Don't know if this problem is correlated. I own 2 Denon 4308 both controlled over IR with one 9600 and one 9400. Both remotes running first generation firmware with WAP integration without any trouble at all. The TSU 9600 also use a RFX9600 for controlling of other equipment but not involved with the Denon at all. Last half year the "Command failed" has started to increase a lot and also occurences of galloping volume control. I normally needed to push the Power 3 times before everything started at the end. The volume raising has a delay so you are just able to put the remote on the table and lean back and then it starts to raise approx 2-3 sec later after you have set the volume.
Never any problem with the 9400 without extender. The network is shielded CAT6 and I even run a separate WiFi for just the remotes. Yesterday I saw the preferred solution to set the extender to DHCP and I tried many times yesterday to switch back and forth without any problem. I also upgraded my TSU9600 and RFX9600 to the latest firmware. Most likely cured the "Command Failed". I also noticed that the responsiveness of the volume control increased dramatically and after comparison are equal to the 9400 with the other Denon 4308.
Something odd might be that the extender does not show up in the extender search window nor in switch 3 position. Just in switch 2 position but it works fine otherwise.

/Harry

Hosting Services by ipHouse