The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Saturday March 6, 2010 at 23:22
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On March 3, 2010 at 13:02, sic0048 said...
gwstudios - that is some awesome work!

39centstamp - thanks for the kind words. I just wish I had the time to learn some basic GIMP/Photoshop techniques. I think I could make my templates look even better with a little work. As it is, I have to utilize the stock CQC graphics (or graphics offered by other CQC users), so that limits my ability greatly.

There really is some good work on this thread. But in the future, it would be nice to have the pros and amateurs in different categories. We amateurs obviously cannot compete with the Pros. You guys do amazing stuff!

I agree with making categories. I spent all of 20 minutes taking this from an idea to a contest this time so hopefully next time is better :).

I started playing with fireworks about 9 or 10 years ago. It wasnt until the last 3 or 4 that i started getting any good at it. In 2007 we created a new GUI for the company i work for and thats when it went from "eh.. okay" to "wow that looks pretty good".

Starting my blog guijaboard is what got me motivated to practice more. I did the RTI template leather and it looked pretty good then i did the "black glass" button set that gets downloaded 20+ times per month since i uploaded it in 2008. Then i did the dark knight for CJ with a navigation menu i had been working on since late 2007 and it looked even better than all the others then i made tactical and i think its the best i have done so far.

The best advice i can give you is to look for tutorials and layered files that you can pick apart and learn how its done. You already have the whole thing layed out so your well over 50% done. So if you just design your GUI around that layout it should be pretty painless. But IMO your GUI looks good right now. The only reason i would bother is if you are a tweaker and just want to add something new to your HA hobby. I got interested in graphic editors after i started learning HTML and CSS. I put up a little website and needed a logo.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse