The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Saturday March 6, 2010 at 17:51
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
I agree with most of your points. Like any other professional, a good CI is worth their weight in gold to the customer who wants and expects hands-on service & high-end support.

I do think, however, that installers tend to assume that everyone going through "unauthorized" channels is just being cheap. I respectfully disagree. Some are, of course, but I think the argument ignores two huge factors that drive a great many buyers to eBay or alternate sources:

(1) For many HT enthusiasts, their system is an ongoing DIY project and they actually want to program/tweak/play with the control system.  They do it because it's fun, not because they're trying to save a few bucks.

(2) The Nevo distribution/dealer network is extremely limited and "dynamic," for lack of a better work. (Think "high turnover.")   Too many who look into Nevo and decide it's the perfect remote for their needs quickly discover that there is simply no authorized dealer in their area.  If they really want a Nevo anyway, they don't willingly forego warranty coverage and service because it's cheaper, but because that's the only way to get the remote they want.

Again, I agree that some people are just cheapskates.....(most of them buy Harmonys ).  But it's not accurate or reasonable to presume that all Nevo owners who didn't hire a CI have that motivation.

Hosting Services by ipHouse