The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Thursday March 4, 2010 at 13:53
lookagain
Lurking Member
March 2010
I also had difficulties finding a good NEVO dealer. NEVO doesn’t have a large base of distributors and the installers I did contact did not respond or appeared not interested in the "small business" of programming a remote.

You get what you pay for. NEVOs on eBay are half the price, but you won’t get any support from the seller. As long as you understand that risk, I don’t understand the problem. Then again, there is no guarantee you will get support from an "authorized NEVO dealer" either. From what I have read and seen, some NEVO installers have gone out of business or are just flaky to say the least. (I.E. The post regarding the installer who wouldnt repair and even kept the customers broken remote). What does it take to be a authorized NEVO dealer? I would guess not much.

I purchased my NEVO Q50 off eBay almost two years ago. I programmed it myself and have had no issues. I like the idea that I can easily reprogram it when I make changes to my system. Sometime I change up the layout just for fun.

I love my NEVO, but their business model sucks for the consumer and installers. It’s funny to see the angry installers like mrhookup. No one told you that you are obligated to "bail" anyone out. It’s CIs like you that helped me decide to buy from eBay. No offense to the professional CIs out there, I know there are many good ones.

Last edited by lookagain on March 4, 2010 17:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse