Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 195 made on Tuesday March 2, 2010 at 12:49
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On February 28, 2010 at 22:55, mrtristan said...
I'm hoping this system is able to handle video distribution soon. Been hoping to use Prodigy in a lot of jobs but a lot of the systems require centralized video or more than one home theatre zone. Really tempted to do C4 for the price and versatility. Heck even URC can handle distributed video better but no feedback on handhelds and costs only a little less than Prodigy. I think Prodigy is great for what it's designed for but lately the jobs I've been quoting are simply too big.

Why are you unable to distribute centralized video with a prodigy? It's still a processor. All you'd need was the IR/serial driver for an Autopatch, Kramer, Knox, Key Digital, Zycor or any you prefer to these.

Any why would you need feedback on the remote? Does it really matter to a client that output 4 is on input 3? Or does it matter that there's an image on the TV?

Obviously, Prodigy is the wrong solution if you have 12-18 rooms. Hell, I'd suggest that Adagio is the wrong solution for anything over 12 rooms. Prodigy is not the solution to all jobs. C4 has much to recommend it. It may be the right system for many of you

Alan

Last edited by Audible Solutions on March 2, 2010 12:57.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse