Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 26, 2010 at 16:52
vbova27
July 2006
Going into the preview of the new softare's features I was a little skeptical. I always admired Nevo's enthusaiasm and product launches, but as far as programing control system I never felt it had enough punch or powerful features in the software. Graphical features were always there, but as far as being powerful not really.

After today's demo on the new features, I was blown away. The widget and building blocks which make programming MUCH easier than mastering javascript are incredible. Yes, there is a decent curve, but the need to learn specific syntax and getting stuck on a problem because of an extra bracket or misplaced comma are just not likely to happen. In addition, the Sonos module and future modules are pretty awesome. Finally, global variables, with over 250+ values you can set something to (although still boolean) are similar to RTI's approach. There are many other little features that have been added as well that will make this a very powerful remote.

Of course the real qualifier in a control system or remote is it's range, success rates, durability and reliablity. That has not been improved on as far as I can tell. But the programming has definately taken Nevo to another level and allow an installer to really have a lot of control options with very simple techniques.

Great job on this. Looking forward to the release which will most likely be officially announced next week.

Hosting Services by ipHouse