Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday February 24, 2010 at 08:50
vbova27
July 2006
I have programmed many remotes that have cover art on the actual remote and that queue up a DVD or CD disc. I have done MX-3000's (with DMX-3000), but I have also done this for RTI and Q50 remotes as well. I use a combiniation of programs and then create a globacl macro that actually calls that slot number. It takes a long time to do, is a bit tedious, but in the end the client is happy because he now has his covers in a remote by category. If the client is willing to pay for it, I will do it, and I have made it easier on my end.

Would I reccomend this? Not really - your better off getting an Escient. But the problem is that the Escient will only work with the DVP-CX777ES changer which is serial and many times a client does not have the time or space to uproot his collection and purchase 2 more boxes for his rack/setup.

There are other ways to do this. Media Center with a PC, popcorn hour streaming, Apple TV (if you like itunes which I dont), media servers like Vudu or Netflix (Vudu at present only has 3,000 movies and Netflix has 15K streaming), or a media box like Vidabox, S1 Digitial, Niveous, Lifeware, Kaliedescape, Monual, and the list goes on. However, storage is not cheap and neither are the servers. If your only interested in music it is a much cheaper proposition, but once you add video/movies, the codec abilities as well as storage and bandwidth increase, and so does the price and complexity of the equipment.

Vincent

Hosting Services by ipHouse