Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday February 9, 2010 at 21:10
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
I use facebook as my sort of blog .

i have been messing mixing music since i was 13 years old then with vinyl and cassette tapes ... but nothing prepared me for residency work in british pubs ..the film roadhouse and the blind guy playing in the band is a close example but with out the screen and actively asking drunks up to sing if you are doing karaoke..functions are where the better gigs and money is but as you may have guessed im a edgey type of guy and like a little to a lot of risk so i have a rep in pubs.

i now am doing more weddings and other party functions

in the uk there are

PAT testing
public liability insurance and
produb licences
pluse national insurance and income tax

after buying genuine music and karaoke and investing in equipment and business car insurance

the earnings are ok ....after the honeymoon period of two years it gets a bit harder as most functions become the same routine ..keeping fresh and up for it can be hard ..being fun and happy on demand is a skill ..acting it doesnt often cut it.

setting up and packing up and prep time have to be factored into costs and charges and then some kid just in it for beer money under cuts you with a ipod and a dodgy sound sytem with no certificates or talent but price wins through some times ..

its as frustrating as the CI industry for that ..the rewards of happy customers is the main reason why i do it to be honest not the money..

its not a job to do on its own like i do! but in addition to a full time job can be a good side line IMHO

Hosting Services by ipHouse