Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 22, 2010 at 20:11
vbova27
July 2006
I had my system working perfectly with one-way. I swapped my T-4 out for a Zigbee version and just got around to setting it up in my theater room. Unfortunately my timing was bad as the new firmware became available...

For some reason, I have absolutely no control over my equipment RS-232 or IR. The only things that work are standalone line in sight IR codes. I have tried every form of troubleshooting, swapped out the ZM-24 in place of another, and set up a simplified control system to see if I could figure out the problem. NOTHING. Not even a drop of recognition from the XP-8. The ZM-24 blinks when a macro is sent, but other than that everything else is completely ignored.

Here is what I did:
- set all checkboxes to firmware > 2.0 (both processor and remote)
- remote is set to output 2-way RF
- Zigbee is enabled on the T-4
- ZM-24 has been reset plenty of times with wall wart and reset button
- T-4 has been power-cycled to recognize zigbee network.
- firmware has been re-insalled (just in case)
- Program on RTI's site to evaluate Zigbee connection run and it says "connected" in top box.
- Called tech support and went through everything..

I don't know what to do at this point - it's as if my XP-8 is screwed up now... I can't roll back the firmware. Not sure what to do at this point. I don't even have any one way remotes laying around. They have insisted there is no roblem with the remote but if not the remote I can't image what the problem would be. This control system was behaving 100% properly before the update. The worst part is that I started programming the system using only one way functionality so I could implement 2-way slowly. But now I can't even send a regular macro.... Anyone have a similiar experience? I have never had my back to the wall as much as I do now...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

PS - I emailed the simple configuration I re-created to tech support. Didn't hear anything back.

Hosting Services by ipHouse