The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Saturday December 26, 2009 at 20:39
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
Im gonna lose custom points for this one but somehow I have a feeling that he aint springin for a 980 or a T3V..... Maybe its the D11 boxes that threw me.

Anyways, I assume there is One main TV tied to one main receiver. I also assume matrix is not involved. Turn the main receiver to RF and carry that remote around with you for quick and easy change of the main receiver. Tie the TVs power and volume into this remote also (for all TV's if they are the sames).

Second, (and I cant believe I am saying this out loud) fabricate a "tube" that extends from the top of the 2nd remote (set to IR) out about 3 inches. When you need to change the other 6 receivers channel walk up to them with the second remote set to IR and hold the remote to the desired receiver IR and change the channel. Pain in the ass but thats the DIY way.

LOL.....

Or you could do it right and buy a custom remote. This way you could even power on all TVs at once, change volume independently, and of course control the directv independently.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse