The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday December 24, 2009 at 18:03
RemoteQuest
Long Time Member
October 2008
You are a smart guy! Yes and believe it or not I also have a PCMCIA dongle with 9-pin RS-232 out to work the old prontos and URC products.

Not much call for those lately but they are still out there.

I used to be very close to the Nevo team and was on their beta team from just about Day one. My main goal was to remind them of how installers are apt to work, what features they want in the apps, etc. When they were very late getting NevoStudio running on Vista, I used to say, "OK an installer is forced to get a new notebook. It will only come with Vista. Your software will not work on Vista. How long before that installer says screw it! If they don't support Vista than maybe I need to look for a new remote manufacturer".

Of course, Microsoft eventually came to the rescue and setup with their OEM computer manufacturers to offer XP on new PC's until whenever..

When Vista first came out NONE of the big 4-5 remote manufacturer's stuff would run on Vista. That is about when I blew my stack and went on a rampage to remind them all that if they were going to create Windows apps they needed to stay current. It took URC about 18 months before their app would run on Vista.

Happy holidays to all!

Dave
RemoteQuest.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse