Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 174 made on Tuesday December 22, 2009 at 00:10
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
On December 21, 2009 at 23:48, scottedge267 said...
Cory now that you've had some time to play with the prodigy stuff how do you like it? Like you i am not sold on PLX2 but you said it got approval from the wife. I have been really turned off on that style of remote but it has a great price point and the PMC2 seems like it can do a lot. It says the PMC2 can be controlled from the web or a PC. Have you looked at this at all. Is it a default setting? Thanks for any input.

So far, its been a bit boring b/c i ONLY have the PMC2 and PLX2, however my full demo kit is schedule for delivery tomorrow.

Just for comparison, we have an old MX850 that we use daily in my house, so the PLX2 wasn't the different to my wife. I gave her a T2C at the same time just to look at. She said that the T2C looks cooler, but it costs 4 times as much and does the same thing (actually less when compared to Prodigy).

I sold a system to a client that I'll be putting in late next month. For him the sale was easy the second I said iTouch control b/c he has an Apple TV that he loves and just carries his iTouch with him all over. He already has a Niles ZR4 da amp, so if I can get any feedback from that to the PLX2 and APP, he is going to be thrilled.

The 2nd big selling point for him was how cheap the PLX2 is. They will have a solid, reliable control system and if his kids break the remote he's only out $170 for a new one, opposed to $700 for a T2Cs.

Its not my favorite, but its not bad and it will definitely work. Compared to the MX900+MRF350 or the RTI T2B+RP1 combos, the Prodigy PLX2+PMC2 combo is an easy winner.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse