The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 18, 2009 at 10:28
SJHart
Long Time Member
December 2003
Thought we could start a thread for folks who are using the new Sonos Module which works with the new ProntoEdit Professional v2.4.18. You can find the module at:

www.pronto.philips.com/index.cfm

They also have a 4 page "white paper" which explains some of the basics.  I recommend giving it a quick read.

You will need to update your firmware on your remote.   I'm currently testing with a TSU9800.

I created a button to "execute and jump" to the Sonos activity tab.  Upon first entering the tab, the remote searches for your zone players.  I have four, but it finds them in about 10 seconds.  It lists the models (ZP90, ZP120, etc.) and the IP address.  It does not find the NAME that you have assigned.  Hopefully this is something that Pronto can add.  You select the zone and then it displays a "Now Playing" screen.  I had music already going which it quickly showed.  In some of the documentation, they indicate that Pause/Play are slow, but I found them to work quite quickly.  As well as jump, etc.  You can find your music library.  Look for albums, artists.  All of these seems to work, but SLOWLY.  Frankly, I'm happy with the ability to just display music and have basic controls, but clearly they can improve all of this.  The Pronto team has already indicated that they will be updating the module early in 2010.  Thanks Pronto Team! SJ

Hosting Services by ipHouse