The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday December 9, 2009 at 02:52
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
On December 6, 2009 at 19:09, Daniel Tonks said...
VGA is already all but dead... everything is DVI or HDMI these days. Or Displayport if you want the one after that...

Disagree 100%....DVI/HDMI came out hand in hand with HDCP/DRM Daniel.....and i will scream
bloody murder if the venerable VGA port is ever dropped from monitor production! As for mainstream televisions,
you have to keep an eye on the manufacturers, as recently as four months ago in one of the other forums I visit there are TV models out there that don't go all the way to 1080 on the analogue port, in many cases 1024x720/1366x768 because of DRM, they are meant to force use of the HDMI port. However, many nVidia based mobos designed for the gamer crowd are including HDMI. You really have to investigate the models you're interested in buying before hand.

I challenge anybody to tell the difference of MyHD MDP-130's VGA pin out vs. the now unobtainable DVI daughtercard
at 1280x1024p with the unaided eye! The only reason I use that setting is both Acers have a max of 1680x1050[22 inch]
which is used on the desktop and the 1024p setting is so close I doubt anyone can tell with the naked eye.
Now, am i clear? the 130 acts as a second vid card, the desktop is at the max of the monitor out of the primary and if I ever get an 24 inch or larger with say a 2100x1600 max, then I'll use one of the 130's 1080 settings. Right now, 1280x1024 keeps ppl and objects in their proper porportions when viewing TV materiel.
Don't forget, Mother Nature, as in electricity and electromagnetism is analogue, only the delivery system is digital.

Last edited by Bruce H.Campbell on December 9, 2009 03:14.

Hosting Services by ipHouse