Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday November 14, 2009 at 18:37
drewski300
January 2007
On November 14, 2009 at 15:45, phishintodd said...
I work for a company that installs both RTI and Control4. I only control my theater right now but want to branch to more intergration in my next home. I have an T3, K3, U2, several RK-8s, and an RP-6 for control, and am thinking about upgrading to the XP-8. Will this enable me to control lighting, thermo, and any other relays, etc... with individual timing? I want to be able to control things like Control4 does, i.e. - If/Then statements and macros ran at certain times or under certain circumstances. I don't want Control4 for I already have a large amount invested in RTI already and really like their product. I just want to be able to have more control over lighting and timing of events. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Do you do any of the RTI installs? If so you should know these answers. Not trying to be a jerk but these are pretty simple answers for anyone who has any experience with RTI.

Stick with RTI because it is much better than Control 4. Plus you already have the equipment. Currently the only thing you will be able to get feedback from is the K3. There is a whole list of drivers on RTI's website of products they support. Although some of the drivers are incomplete most will provide good feedback for a lot of functions. You should be able to get the XP8 for an extra special price through their dealer accommodation program. Yes you can do Vantage and Lutron for lighting and Aprilaire for thermostats. They also have relay control, voltage sensing, and contact closure capabilities.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse