The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 54 made on Tuesday November 3, 2009 at 16:28
HRTdude
Long Time Member
August 2008
On October 29, 2009 at 22:15, anyhomeneeds said...
Yeah, you plug it into an IR port on the MRZ260. ALl of URC's base stations convert RF code into IR code, but the don't store IR codes,(except the MSC400). By that reasoning I said he can try it and it should work. Never know untill someone tries it.

I understand what the piece does I was just passing on what I was told at training. That it was not converting it ever to an IR signal, just from zigbee 2.4ghz to 418mhz. I was on phone with tech support asking an unrelated question about CCP, and asked again. First I was told that the RTFX-1 did not receive IR commands from the MRZ260, but then when I realized what I was asking for (keypads, time based automation) h ut me on hold and went to talk to an engineer. I was told that it did receive IR signals, but i would damage the equipment it was hooked up to due to voltage also being sent to power the RTFX-1. I assume he meant that its a stereo mini jack between the two pieces, but if not there would be other options to isolate the voltage from feeding back into a keypad or processor.
So I guess someone with a zigbee 880 and MRZ260 should program up a dummy system and try to capture the IR commands leaving the MRZ260.

Hosting Services by ipHouse